Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I'm Just A Sailor...

I am a sailor,
sitting on the bow,
I am an artist, I am free, meant to chase dreams... chasing castles... setting fire to fairy tales and glass slippers... I make the rules and the red baron is my friend and angels tip their hats and we smoke our cigars...
and I am.. the strength that sets your weakness free... and they use me until their brokenness is no longer a disease.... don't they know I can see? and I scream, and this ship sets sail.. in this uncertain sea,
and they prey upon my strength , and I take a bow ... should it be a compliment when I realize when they are done with me, I'm left here to be all alone...
and I dance on the deck of my war ship with the devil and he asks me for a cigarette .. and I tell him no more games.. and God contemplates and it begins to rain...
and I am...
a sailor...
sitting on the bow...
an artist... setting fire to fairy tales .... and I ask the red baron how he gets the chance to fly away from all of this... to be free... because I was meant for chasing dreams...
written by -Amy Everett 8-23-08

1 comment:

C.S. Perry said...

Some fairy tales burn better than others and some burn brighter in the night when you whisper the last confession into your pillow.
But some are soggy and won't burn at all.