Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Decay

Does the toxicity of goodbye out weigh the adventures of what tomorrow might bring,
Does knowing my worth out weigh the loss of a soul mate,
or does that transcend the fact that it was merely a demon in angel wings....How do we know ? Shouldn't we know, marked by rings of scars ... Traveling through miles of lifetimes shouldn't we see the pain coming?
A black halo from the white... The dimming .... from the light?
Where is the warning.. When we lie face down on the snow when they deliver the black rose... And we do not accept the defeat... no...But why should we accept loneliness for the hundredth time... to be thrown away ... who wants to be friends with time... She crushes me like bitter glass and buries me in a vast ocean ...
In a grave marked where they all lay... The cowards who could not be brave enough to stand by my side.. No.. they were too afraid... and I lie here...with my crown... my sword.. My armor...
But without you.... But this time I wanted you... For the first time I gave it all...
Through metal and scars...
I gave it all for you...
trusted you...
died for you....
to walk away....
And I lie here....
And I know... I will walk again.. but I wanted to walk with you.... 08-05-08
Written by-Amy Everett

No comments: